Friday, March 30, 2012

Eating Elephant

Maybe you're not into eating elephant. That's okay, although if you are, I've heard you can purchase pre-packaged elephant ear in some U.S. grocery stores. But eat a whole elephant? Not impossible, although looking at the creature may seem so.

Of late we've been bombarded with numerous challenges and decisions. When this happens, I want to throw my hands up and quit. Just then hubby asks, "How do you eat an elephant?" And I grudgingly reply, "One bite at a time."

Many of life's issues overwhelm. If you are "facing an elephant," try "taking one bite at a time"~one day at a time. Are you steeped in grief and cannot make it through a whole day? Then try one step at a time. And if you're totally spent, how 'bout a moment at a time?

My life's verses are Proverbs 3:5,6~"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." I learned this Scripture in the King James Version (KJV) as a child and still remember it best this way.

Although I like some newer translations, I disagree with those that read "...and He will make your paths straight." God never promised an easy journey. He does promise, however, to take the journey with us. If you've asked Jesus Christ to be your Savior and Lord, you do not travel even on the roughest, most crooked paths alone. What comfort to know He has gone this route! We can trust Someone Who already knows the way.

So the next time you face something that seems too large, remember that "elephant in the room." And mind your manners! One bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave your comments. I welcome them.