Wednesday, April 4, 2012

History's Most Horrible & Wonderful Event

Holy Week ~ a time to reflect and remember the final events Jesus, God the Son, endured leading to His crucifixion. Why did this have to happen?

In the beginning Adam and Eve sinned, so God had to put into place forgiveness of sin (He doesn't want anyone to perish). Our all-knowing God foresaw this before He laid the world's foundation. He knew a perfect blood sacrifice was needed.

The problem with shedding animal blood? It didn't last. Even though it covered sin in Old Testament times, an animal ~ once slaughtered ~ was dead. The end. So these sacrifices had to be repeated as instructed by Old Testament laws.

Then came Jesus ~ the Blood-part of God. Since God is Spirit, He cannot shed blood, yet He provided The Way through sending His Holy Spirit to conceive a child through Mary. Jesus ~ God-with-blood ~ Perfect, Spotless, Sinless Sacrifice ~ His primary reason for putting on skin and walking on this earth.

The difference between animals being shed and Jesus (God) dying and shedding His blood was what followed the crucifixion. Life! Three days after that horrible event (remembered on Good Friday) comes Resurrection Sunday (Easter)! The Perfect Sacrifice given for all came to life again ~ the most wonderful event! Only God could do that.

In His infinite wisdom, God prepared the Way for us to be forgiven today. No longer do we shed blood of animals because Jesus' Blood paid the price, receipted, and sealed our salvation by the Resurrection ~ our Reason for Hope.

Thank You, Lord God, for providing the forgiveness of sin through Jesus' death and resurrection. I know when I asked You into my life, you forgave me. Sealed me. And even now, when I stumble and do wrong, you are still my Abba Father Who lets me come to you, accepts my apology, and still claims me as Your own. What an awesome Love! Thank you for this time of remembering, reflecting on the wonderful terrible event that You endured, and celebrating Hope! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Jesus said ... "I AM the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live. And everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die ..." John 11:25,26 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave your comments. I welcome them.