Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Promises~Promises

Sunrise in Jenkins, Kentucky ~ Photo by Cindy Fleming
Imagine we're swaying gently on my front porch swing, savoring this sunrise between sips of hot coffee. Our Creator sweeps His brush across the skies, giving glimpses of His majesty and reminding us of His promises ~ like those found in Lamentations 3: 22-24...

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in Him.'"

Do you wonder if God ever stops loving you? ~ His steadfast love never ceases.
Is there doubt He can forgive when you've messed up for the umpteenth time? ~ His mercies never come to an end.
How can you know this? ~ Great is His faithfulness.
Is this God of promise enough to fill the empty in your soul? ~ The Lord is your portion~"full plate."
Am I sure? ~ He cannot fail. (It's not in His Character.)

One of my favorite hymns is Great Is Thy Faithfulness. Although I cannot post the words due to copyright laws, here is a link for you to listen on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1WhFtVp0o  

May God's promises and this song's powerful words (right from the Bible) guide you to the One Who is able to restore your hope. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. And such a beautiful picture!

    Do I ever wonder if He stops loving? No, but I quit living like He's stopped loving sometimes.

    Inspired to change today, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duane, boy! Me too. Thank you for your encouraging words. Praying for your schooling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave your comments. I welcome them.