Monday, March 5, 2012

Is This All Worth It?


  1. As I wrote last week's blog, a hymn played repeatedly in my mind. I decided to post When I Get to the End of the Way* ~ an "oldie" revived by Gaithers in their Homecoming series and sung by Lynda Randle. If you'd like to listen, here's a link: 

http://youtu.be/aUCF9RbAbOg

The sands have been washed in the footprints of the stranger on Galilee’s shore, and the voice that subdued the rough billows, will be heard in Judea no more. But the path of that lone Galilean, with joy I will follow today; And the toils of the road will seem nothing, when I get to the end of the way.
  1. There are so many hills to climb upward, I often am longing for rest, but He who appoints me my pathway knows just what is needful and best. I know in His word He hath promised that my strength, “it shall be as my day”; and the toils of the road will seem nothing, when I get to the end of the way.
  2. He loves me too well to forsake me, or give me a trial too much; all His people have been dearly purchased, and Satan can never claim such. By and by I shall see Him and praise Him, in the city of unending day; and the toils of the road will seem nothing, when I get to the end of the way.
  3. When the last, feeble step has been taken, and the gates of that city appear, and the beautiful songs of the angels float out on my listening ear; when all that now seems so mysterious will be bright and as clear as the day, then the toils of the road will seem nothing, when I get to the end of the way.
  4. All our trials will be naught when we see Jesus. Heaven ~ where Hope lives! Can't wait!

*By Charles Tillman ~ public domain.

4 comments:

  1. Love those old hymns. "He Leadeth Me" is my favorite. When Dan and I followed God's leading in to full-time ministry and out of a well-paying secular job, friends and family thought we were crazy. Oh, but the hymn "He Leadeth Me" kept us walking. And one day we'll take that final step from this earth to Heaven and He'll lead us there too. I can hardly wait. Can I live next to you? Dan will bring his trumpet. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so helpful to me just now. Thankyou.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, Every now and then we all need to be reminded that this life is "not all there is" with its heartaches. Better days are coming. I can't wait to see Jesus face to face. How about you?
    What kind of writing do you think we'll do in heaven with clear sinless minds? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, me too! Have you heard The Martins do "He Leadeth Me"? Grand! We could be heavenly neighbors. Does Dan have a mute? Haha.

    Alex, helpful to me as well. My husband and I love doing this hymn with our instruments and his singing...one of our favorites. Glad it ministered to you in this time of need.

    Marsha, you're right~all here is temporary. I can't wait either. I don't know if we'll be writing then or it will have all been told...but our stories matter to Him. Some of them are hard to tell; but when given to God as sacrifices of praise, they minister to others who are hurting. We shall continue...eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave your comments. I welcome them.