Monday, May 7, 2012

Master Designer

Photo by Heidi Beukema Hurley
Maybe it's my art-trained eye, but I tend to see design in everything around me. Symmetry, patterns, positive and negative spaces, lights and darks creating affects where color doesn't exist.

Or is it that God intended His creation to reflect beauty and design? Unlike me who uses her eyes and hands to make something out of nothing, the Master Designer spoke all He made into being. How fitting of The Word!

Photo by Mitchell Williams
This past weekend seemed horrible, to put it bluntly. My little world spun out of control. Pattern, beauty, symmetry, design? Not visible to me until I washed my eyes with tears, called out to God, and took a ride. Then I saw it all around me. God's reminders. His creations shouting from both sides of the road!

This same God Who spoke design, patterns, symmetry, and positive and negative spaces into being also cares about my broken heart. May I never forget that. He is interested in every detail. And while my world seems to spiral out of control, His does not. I can rest in Him. Trust Him. See in the negatives the beauty and purpose of the positives.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful way of presenting, once again, that our God is not only the God of beauty, but the Lord of our universe, and especially of our at times, tears stained moments. Blessings - Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fran. God is awesome. I love how He shows Himself in these silent, beautiful ways. Sending you love!

      Delete
  2. It is a great privilege to serve such a great God! I'm learning more and more daily, and I'll be 75 next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Jean! So true. May we never stop learning. The day that's done, we'll be standing before the Creator in His Heaven. Can't wait!

      Delete
  3. beautiful pictures, ENCOURAGING thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Seeking One. And your ID reminds me of that Bible verse that says if we seek, we will find. God wants so much to be with us and help us along the journey.

      Delete
  4. LOVE it! So true! Thanks for sharing the journey.... Blessings from another straggler.... but never out of sight or protection of the Shepherd. In hope for joy to bring rainbows into your conscious experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear one. I know you understand how important this Treasure is as you serve Him in your mission field.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave your comments. I welcome them.