Monday, January 2, 2012

Become A Bird-Brain

Photo by Janice Fowler Housley
The start of a new year comes with some anticipation of newness, starting over, trying something for the first time. But this year we may face hardships like never before.

A doomsday-ist. Great. Just what you needed. Right? As much as I’d love to tell you everything will be dandy, our economical, political, and spiritual conditions cause concern…anxiety.

What should you do? Become a bird-brain! The fowl of the air go about their day doing what they do best—gathering food and keeping their place in good repair. No worries. Their Creator cares.

Should you reach times seeming utterly hopeless in this coming year, trust God. Focus on His Character (realized by reading His Word). He values you. After all, He proved that by dying for you.

Look at the birds of the air…your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not of more value than they?
And which of you by being anxious can add...to his span of life?
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow
for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.
…but seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness…
from Matthew 6:26-34 ESV

This practicing bird-brain hopes you have a blessed 2012 as you try God and see Him provide.

"God...wills that we be as free as birds to soar and sing our maker's praise without anxiety."
A.W. Tozer

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Of course, I just have to put it into practice more often! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah and Brian,

    A beautiful way to start my Monday. My Gram always said, "So goes Monday, so goes the week." Thank you for the HOPE and reminder on this glorious snowy day. I posted my one-word for 2012 this year is HOPE. So as I open my email to find your uplifting post as my first one to read I can only smile...God is amazing!

    Thank you for your obedience and sharing the gift of hope through your writing.

    Lisa :)
    http://lisabuske.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Terri and Lisa. I needed the reminder too...and HOPE is always a great word with promise. Blessed 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave your comments. I welcome them.