Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Worth Living ~ Worth Dying

If something is worth preserving, it's also worth dying for. Such is true of our country. Some attack our freedom. How can men of power crush what shed blood preserved, cheapening the mission of those who've fought, been wounded, and given the ultimate sacrifice? I cannot comprehend this.

America: 236 years young. It's lived a good life, suffered periods of harm, and sickened by means of immoral, godless beings who say, "Let her die. She's had a good life. She's old and not worth much. What need have we of her?"

No! I, for one, am not willing to think our fathers, sons and countless other troops fought in vain for liberty. There's another element to this fight to keep our United States alive and well. This lies in the hands of the believers. A nation is only as strong as its faith, destined to fail without God. As a believer in Jesus Christ, I promise to pray for my country and to implore God to have mercy on us when our leaders fail to seek true Wisdom.

Those who love our God, cry out to Him in this seemingly hopeless time. He has promised "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

We're wounded but not dead, and we're worth the living. God shed His grace on us. May God again have reason to bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave your comments. I welcome them.